Developer Respawn Entertainment presents Titanfall 2, in which the player will be able to explore the unique bond between man and machine. The game launches on October 28 on PS4, Windows PC and Xbox One and will feature six playable mechs.
For the first time, Titanfall introduces a single player mode, in which the player transforms into Jack Cooper, a Militia rifleman whose goal is to become an elite Pilot. In order to survive behind the enemy lines and fight off overwhelming odds, the player will be accompanied by a sentient robot companion, a veteran Titan.
For the multiplayer mode, Respawn evolves and upgrades their gameplay in order to sustain the player’s experience by not only adding new Titans, but also deepening Pilot abilities, customizing the options and increasing progression system.
In total there will be six Titans available in the game, with Ion and Scorch revealed before:
- Legion – mostly concentrated on defense and control; the Predator Cannon, the customary mini-gun used by the Titan, not only can use both close-range attacks, designed to knock back enemies, and long-range attacks that destroys everything around, but also create a protective shield and lock onto enemies.
- Ronin – hit-and-run specialist, the Titan wields a sword that can do a great damage, however is very fragile. Ronin can also use a wave attack (Arc Wave) that slows the enemies down, allowing the Titan to close the distance between them with another attach (Phase Dash).
- Northstar – a flying and precise Titan, uses traps to lock down enemies and launch missiles at them, while performing landing and takeoff maneuvers.
- Ion – a Titan wielding a shoulder-mounted laser, defensive Vortex shield and Laser Core blast situated in its chest.
- Scorch – uses a Firewall attack fueled by the thermite, as well as a thermal shield and a massive wave of fire called Flame Core.
- Tone – uses a Tracker Rockets, which can be steered toward the detected enemy.